The Haute Route in Europe is one of our top 10 hikes in the world.
Sometimes called …
- The Walker’s Haute Route
- “High Route”
- Mt Blanc to the Matterhorn
- Chamonix to Zermatt
Chamonix to Zermatt, Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn – in two weeks of mountain travel you will see the greatest collection of 4000 metre peaks in the Alps!
- Alpine charm: valleys, lakes, glaciers
- great food, history, culture
- from Mont Blanc, the highest peak in Europe (4810m, 15,781ft) …
- … to the Matterhorn, the most beautiful peak in the alps
- 9-15 days
- 180+kms (112mi)
- best months June-Sept
- crosses 11 passes, gains more than 12,000m elevation
- difficult hiking
World → Europe → Alps → Haute Route
Click PLAY or watch a 1 minute preview on YouTube.
For details click over to our Haute Route information page.