Why I brought the Nemo Hornet 2P Tent
I brought the Nemo Hornet 2P tent to replace my old tent that weighed 2.5 kilos. What attracted me to it was its weight as a two person tent and the size it packed down to. The total weight of the tent is 910grams plus the footprint another 200grams (purchased separately) made it a winner. The footprint is a must. Provides protection to the floor which if I hadn’t used it would have been damaged easily, especially in Turkey.
I spent a total of 15 nights in the tent with a second person. As a two person tent there was enough room to sleep for two average sized adults 1.78 meters. The backpacks were stored in the vestibules which are located on either side. I suggest that your backpack rain cover is put on as extra protection from moisture.
I spent a total of 57 nights in my Nemo Hornet 2P tent hiking and wild camping in Switzerland, Balkans and Turkey. The tent did well in all the environments I took it to. In Switzerland I camped in forests, snow and on glaciers hiking-and-wild-camping-in-switzerland . Used it on the 200 kilometer Peaks of the Balkans trail as a two person tent, the-peaks-of-the-balkans-hiking-trail and in Turkey on the Lycian Way.
Please refer to the Nemo website for all the technical specifications. https://www.nemoequipment.com/product/hornet/
- Ultra Lite weight 910 grams, plus 200 gram footprint.
- Packs down small into a stuff sack
- A good colour for stealth camping in European forests
- The tent poles and pegs fit nicely inside my Aarn Backpack Aarn-effortless-rhythm-72-litre-backpack
- Easy to assemble, even at night.
- When wet, dries fast in the sun.
- The Cut Away Fly allows moisture to collect on the inner section which if touched soaks through.
- You have to be careful when zipping up or unzipping the fly as it can catch easily on the fly material.