Our favourite multi-day tramp in Australia.
- surreal, unique Tasmanian vistas
- pretty lakes, tarns and waterfalls
- exiting by ferry, it’s minimum 62km (38.5mi) carrying a pack plus many possible sidetrips without a pack. Elevation Gain: +4,793 ft / 1,461 m
- Elevation Loss: -5,160 ft / 1,573 m
- 8000-9000 walkers / year
- 60 walkers start / day in high season
- Oct 1 – May 31 Overland Track Pass reservations online
- access by public transportation
- easy-moderate hiking IF the weather cooperates
- add challenging sidetrip peak scrambles if the weather is good
- Nov – early May best months
- possible to hike year round (snow travel during the winter)
Click PLAY or watch a 1 minute preview on YouTube.
For details click over to our Overland Track information page.