Welcome to the Tour du Mont Blanc (TMB), a one-hundred-mile hiking trail around the mountain range of Europe’s tallest peak, Mt Blanc.
1. Greeting hikers from all around the world in French and Italian, including dogs and paragliders
2. Sauntering through endless fields of wildflowers and butterflies like you are in Sound of Music
3. Enjoying warm home-cooked meals after every few hours of hiking, especially in Courmayeur and Chamonix
4. Abundant accommodation options for people of all ages and capabilities ranging from refuges to camping
5. The traditional route is well-maintained with abundant signage
6. Endless awe-inspiring scenery to enliven your creative spirit
7. Grow your self-confidence step by step, peak by peak
8. Part of the trail and variants have incredibly steep inclines, declines, and drop offs
9. No hiking permits are needed, therefore in the peak summer season, solitude can be limited
10. Contemplate the meaning of existence as you feel tiny amongst towering granite peaks
What are you waiting for? Happy Trails!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek’s ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.